Monday, October 8, 2012

Skincare Routine

   Hello there, so It's time for my newest post, today it's gonna be about my skincare routine, I'm gonna tell you all about all the products I use and some tips I have. I have a post coming up soon, probably tomorrow where I talk a little about my skincare routine, but I decided I wanted to go a little more into detail.
                                                                Face Skincare
    Okay, So I have really oily skin, mainly on my T-Zone, and over the years I've tried a numerous amount of products trying to find something to help cure my acne. I've had acne since the third grade, so I finally got committed to finding the right product, it was trial and error for a long time, but finally last fall I found the right combination.
     Clinique. Yes I know Clinique products are quite expensive, but they really do work, I use the Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser (Here) and the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (Here)
     So now you know what I use for my face, I also want to point out that with the cleanser before I wash it off I have an exfoliating face pad ($2.00) that I use everyday. I use to use a Clinique scrub once a week, it was the 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula (Here) , I just haven't repurchased, cause the one I had was a sample. Also I would just like to point out that their sample's last a really long time, I think all of mine lasted for three months.
    And here comes the unusual part about my skincare routine, I only wash my face once a day (night). But you have oily skin? I know, I have no idea how it's possible, but for me it works. The only time I wash my face of a morning is when I wear foundation, and the last time I wore foundation was in March for my birthday. Sometimes when I wanna wear a moisturizer/sunscreen during the day, I'll wet my face scrubber or just wet my face then dry it, before I apply the moisturizer.
 
                                                          Body Skincare
     Okay for my body I don't really do much, since I have really sensitive skin it's hard to find products to use. For body wash I use Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash, and as a lotion I use baby lotion.
      I have eczema on my hands, and I've tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works, and I've had an allergic reaction to many lotions I've tried. So far I've only found three that I'm not allergic to.
  1. Johnson's Baby Lotion
  2. Nivea Cream lotion
  3. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
   For number one, duh, who hasn't used it, it's amazing, especially for those with very sensitive skin. For number two, I've used for about two years, but since it's really thick I can only use at night, but it's still amazing, and helped relieve my skin. For number three, I'm in love and I've found the most amazing product in the world.
     If they ever discontinue this product I think I just might cry.. The Neutorgena hand cream has been a life saver, and not just for my hands, but also lips, knees, and elbows, the bottle says it can also be used on the face, but I'm a little skeptical about trying that.

      Now that's all I use, other than my makeup, but I'll probably do a post about my most used beauty products eventually. So have you used any of these products? And do you have any product  recommendations for  people with sensitive skin? If so leave a response in the comments or, tweet or email me.
                                                                                    Stay Creative,
                                                                                                 Lori Ann

Contact me: 
                     E-mail: loriboyd15@gmail.com
                     Twitter:@LoriAnnBoyd

No comments:

Post a Comment