Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hair Care Tips and Advice


     Hello there, so a few weeks ago we talked about Skin Care, and this week we're gonna talk about Hair Care. Hair is the only thing that we Women hate, and despise, but also love, that wont ruin our body's. We love it on our heads and hate it everywhere else.
    The biggest misconception women have about their hair is that they can make it grow longer, faster. You can't, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we just can't. Just like it's in our genes on how tall we're gonna be, it's also in our genes on how fast our hair grows. We can't change it, not yet anyway.
     Our hair isn't living, it's dead. The only part that could even be considered living is what's directly attached to our scalp. But once it leaves the scalp it's dead. 
Today I want to give a little advice on Hair Care, share some of my secrets to getting long hair, tell you what products I use, and also a major don't in my book.

1. Don't Get It Cut every 6-8 Weeks- This is the number one thing I've never understood. But in a way I sort of do, hair stylists know that we want our hair to grow fast, so they say to come every 6-8 weeks to get more business. Get It? They only say that cause they know you'll listen, and it means more money for them.
The reasoning behind this theory of mine. Our hair only grows 1/4 an inch a month, your basically going every month and a half. Most hair stylists nowadays don't now the difference between a trim, and an inch. Therefore, it's going to take you much longer for you to actually grow your hair out. I have hair nearly to my bum, and I use to only go every 6 months, this year I've went every 3-6 months.
2. Use Very Little Heat- Or if you do use heat, use a heat spray. I use either Got 2 B Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm or the Aussie Heat Spray (Not sure of the name). They're both affordable, and work great, the Got 2 B smells amazing, and leaves your hair really shiny. I have naturally really straight hair, so I usually only use a straightener when i'm having a bad hair day, or want it to be even straighter. I also occasionally use a hair dryer, but not very often, maybe 1-2x a month.
3.Diet/Exercise- While you can't make your hair grow faster, you can make it grow healthier. Diet and exercise are very important in your hairs health. Your diet insures you get the right nutrients for strong healthy hair, and exercise helps your scalp/skin rid itself of toxins.
4.Don't Stress- This ties into number 3, when your stressed you don't eat and exercise right. And when you don't get proper diet nutrients, or exercise, your hormones get out of wack. By controlling your stress, you can help control you hormones.
Some say scalp massages help, whether or not they do I have no idea
5.Time- It takes time, just like it took time for you to grow, it takes your hair time too. It's taken me 3 years, and my hair has just now got close to my bum. You have to give your body a chance to produce the hormones, especially if your stressed or your diet/exercise is poor.

So there you go, my 5 tips and my advice for growing your hair stronger. Let me know what you think, and if there's anything you want me to write about, I'm open to ideas. Well that's all for today, have a productive week and a safe weekend.
 xoxo,
 Lori 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment