Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Review: Maureen Child- Baby Bonanza

         Today I will be reviewing 'Baby Bonanza' by Maureen Child, I got this book through iTunes iBooks for free. At this time you can also get this book through the Kindle app for free.
         'Baby Bonanza' is a Harlequin Desire novel, and it is part of the Billionaires and Babies Series. It is 186 pages long, and took me 3 hours to read.
         For a while now I've been trying to stay away from series, because I'm not wanting to get into another series at the moment. Technically 'Baby Bonanaza' is part of the Billionaires and Babies series, but the best thing is that the books are meant to be read as standalone novels, none of them are connected, and there are 42 books all written by different authors.


          Since my e-book version didn't have a blurb, here is one from Amazon that I trimmed down.

     "Twins? The startling revelation that his affair with Jenna Baker had produced two little boys was almost impossible to grasp. Tycoon Nick Falco had never considered himself the settling-down type, yet now that fatherhood has been thrust upon him, he was determined to give his sons his name. But their mother wasn't about to let him back into her life.... at least not without those three little words Nick had never, ever said."


What did I think?     4 STARS

Like: No unnecessary characters and story lines.
Dislike: Nothing.


     I really enjoyed this book, and it's probably the best Harlequin novel I've ever read. Most Harlequin novels are too short, and leave you not knowing the rest of the story, but this book really wrapped up all story lines, and ended perfectly.
     What I liked about this book the most is that there weren't any unnecessary characters or story lines, it stuck to the story, and didn't go off course.


     I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick read.  This is the type of book that once you start the story line hits the ground running, but you won't feel like you missed out on anything. Before this book I'd never read any of Maureen Child's books, but I will definitely be looking into reading more of her books.

      So that's all for today, I hope you like my little review, let me know what you think in the comments. Have you read this book? What did you think? Do you have any recommendations?
             XoXo, 
                    Lori 

1 comment:

  1. I love free books so I will have to check this one out! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete